Friday, February 18, 2011

True, it may seem like a stretch...

...but it's thoughts like this that catch my troubled head when you're away when I am missing you to death...

Love. that. song.

You know what else I love? Fridays. In honor of the week's end, I thought I'd share a couple of my recent favorites:

Vintage Barbie doll models at the Dior show during Spring 2011 Paris Haute Couture. My thoughts on Barbies are "complicated," at best. But I had a remade vintage Barbie when I was younger, so I was amazed at how much the models looked like her. They must have layered on the winged liner! The photo above is just so pretty. It's airy and ruffly and sophisticated and sweet. Absolutely a favorite. See the rest of the photos on Chloe's blog.




I signed up for Birchbox a few months ago after Carah recommended it on her blog. It's $10 a month (I pay month to month, but there are year-long subscriptions available) and each month you get a box full of deluxe-sized beauty samples in the mail. You don't know exactly what's in the box, so that element of surprise is fun. Who doesn't love getting mail (minus bills)? Plus, they put a lot of effort into their packaging (pink box, tissue wrapped, ribbon, etc.). Not affiliated with Birchbox, BTW. In this month's box:

What are your favorites of the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment