Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"This is Insane"

...That's what the woman (Angie) on What Not to Wear just said when Carmindy turned the chair around to show her how she looked with makeup. That's why I love makeup. When used the right way, it's a great way to accent your best features. Anyway, on to bigger and better things...like my health.

I'm hesitant to tell anyone but family that I've created a "25 by 25" challenge -- for fear that I can't stick to it. But hey, why not shout it from the mountaintops (read: my laptop) and tell the world (read: the interwebs) that I plan to lose 25 pounds by the time I turn 25 on April 29, 2011. I fell of the fitness bandwagon for a good six months, but I'm back in action! I weigh in and take measurements every Friday, but I just started on January 21st. It's going great so far. Here's what I've been munching for breakfast:


That would be simple, warm, delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. A cinch to make and something I look forward to every night before bed (obsessed much?!).


Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
1 1/4 c. plain almond milk
1/2 c. oats
1/2 apple, chopped into tiny pieces
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)
1/2 tsp. honey (or to taste)

Prepare oatmeal/almond milk according to package directions. Note that we're subbing the water for almond milk. Halfway into cooking time, add in apples, cinnamon and honey. Simmer another few minutes. Dish up and devour!

I also discovered a weird (but delicious) quesadilla combo in the depths of my brain. It involves broccoli. Recipe to come! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment