Friday, May 11, 2012

The Natural Switch

The endless array of products that are supposed to make you "better/prettier/smoother/softer/more energized" is incredibly overwhelming. And I'm convinced many of them (food, drinks, beauty products, etc.) are loaded with chemicals that actually have the opposite affect on your body in the long run. But that's a lengthy conversation for another day. Here are a few natural items that have made their way into my routine in place of their more processed counterparts:
  • Coconut oil (preferably unrefined) as moisturizer
  • Brown sugar as body scrub (mixed with some coconut oil)
  • Apple cider vinegar as energy booster (1 Tbsp mixed with a few ounces each of cranberry and pineapple juices)
What natural products do you use on a daily basis?


1 comment:

  1. I use a natural moisturizer (coconut oil and shea butter). I try to keep my beauty routines and remedies as natural as possible.

    ReplyDelete