Friday, May 4, 2012

Sugar Cookie Milkshake

Now if that post title didn't catch your attention, I don't know what will. That is, if I still have an audience. [Enter poor excuse for lack of blog posts here]. You know what they say -- onward and upward!

This moderately healthy milkshake was the product of a cupcake craving. But with no cake batter in sight, I grabbed a box of sugar cookie mix from the darkest corner of my pantry and got to work. In about five minutes, I had in my hands one of the best things I've ever sipped through a straw.


I laughed. I cried. I scraped every last drop out of the blender.

The sugar cookie flavor of this shake was so spot-on that I excitedly text messaged my husband and two sisters before I even finished slurping my way to the bottom of the glass. My youngest sister rode her bike to my house that night so I could make her one. A few seconds into her shake, and she quickly became a devoted fan. And if she likes it, then chances are you will too.    


Sugar Cookie Milkshak
(serves one)
  • 6 oz. almond milk (I use unsweetened original)
  • 2 oz. half and half
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/4 c. sugar cookie mix, dry
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I use a non-alcohol version)
  • 1 tsp. rainbow sprinkles, plus more for garnish
Blend all ingredients except sprinkles. Gently mix in sprinkles with a spoon (note: if using larger sprinkles, you may want to blend on low for a few seconds). Pour, garnish and drink!

 

 Tell me friends, what have you been up to?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you topped it off with rainbow sprinkles. Now that is what I call a milkshake!

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete