While it's safe to say my tastes have...ahem...advanced, I still find it difficult to find a balm that both colors and conditions to my liking. Standard tinted lip balms are typically too waxy and/or drying. That's why I decided to try Korres Lip Butter, touted by Sephora as "a rich, buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish." With seven different colors/scents, there's bound to be a shade for everyone. A few weekends ago, I picked up Jasmine, a sheer neutral pink.
- Milky-pink wash of color that slightly mutes the natural pigment of the lips. The perfect complement to a smoky eye
- Light candy-sweet scent
- Formulated without parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs or triclosan
- Adequately moisturizing
- Adequately moisturizing. This is both a pro and a con because while it's better than most products I've tried, it still doesn't hydrate as much as I thought it would. It is certainly "buttery," but doesn't really sink into the lips if that makes sense
- Slightly tacky/sticky. This can be avoided by not applying as much product
- Somewhat messy application. Using your finger to apply the product also has the potential to be unsanitary, so make sure your hands are clean. Note: Korres also makes a Lip Butter Glaze that comes in a squeeze tube
The final verdict? I like it. Maybe even enough to repurchase. Note that I didn't include the $14 price tag in the list of cons, as this is more of a neutral factor for me. While it's a relatively small pot of product, a little goes a long way and I have a hunch this will last several months. I would also be interested to see the hydrating effects of this lip butter when used over a long period of time.
What are the most hydrating lip products you've found?