Friday, June 24, 2011

Tigerlily: More Tiger than Lily

My cat...

...sweet little nugget that she is, has suddenly become fascinated with my hair. Let's rewind a bit, shall we?

Imagine a sleepy Thursday morning around 7:30 a.m. You're wrapped in a soft blanket, hanging on to the last moments of your dream...
Gradually -- almost as if it's part of the dream -- you hear "chew, chew, slurp, chew, chew, slurp."* You're not so sure it's real, so you let it go. But then there it is again, almost brushing your ear. "Chew, chew, slurp..." You lift your head up, but feel a slight tug on your hair,  which is still slightly damp from your shower the night before. You jerk your body to the left, toward the nightstand. And there she is -- your sweet grey tabby cat -- eating your hair.
You're offended. Go away stupid cat, you think as you shoo her away dazedly. That's so gross. But THEN...then you look just past your pillow, slightly to the right. It's a little hard to see so you grab your glasses.
And that's when you notice the CHUNKS OF YOUR HAIR that the precious furbaby has gathered in a neat little pile. Cue scream.

Yes folks, my cat gnawed off my hair. Not all of it, thank goodness. Lucky for her, my long hair hides it well. Also lucky for her, I'm forgiving.



*Onomatopoeia, of course.



P.S. I took a "before" photo today. Tone It Up, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! WHAT? That's so funny and so sad at the same time. Crazy cat. I had a cat growing up that looked exactly like her! I miss him!

    ReplyDelete