Thursday, November 18, 2010

Exhausted

Just felt like I needed to blog today. Not sure why. I guess I never update this site because I've always had a hard time figuring out my role as writer. Is this a fashion blog? A journal blog? A health/fitness blog? I follow all of those and more on a weekly basis, and I'm quite impressed with how other peoples' blogs have turned out, but my little corner of the Internet seems a bit too ambiguous for my taste. I guess that's how I feel about my life at the moment. I'm somebody's wife. But I'm somebody's daughter too. All very normal things to be, but when you throw a fresh-faced newlywed couple into their parents' house to embark on the ever-important task of saving money for a house, you just get kind of...exhausted. Emotional. Exhausted. Frustrated. Exhausted. Annoyed. Exhausted. See? Those words don't really do my emotions justice. They're just tiny little typewritten nuggets. They're. just. there. Kind of like me. I'm just here. Sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going, to be honest. In any case, while I figure my life out, do me a favor and laugh until you cry at these new gems I've come across lately:

4 comments:

  1. Vanessa! I *completely* understand what you're going through. We are living with my in-laws, and sometimes I feel like I can't be a wife while I live with them. One day we will have houses, that we own, with our husbands, and the only thing to be frustrated with will be having to clean the whole house alone! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! Means a lot that you took the time to read my words. I didn't know you were living with your in-laws -- makes for some "interesting" times, right? It's been about a year so far, and hopefully it won't be like this much longer...

    BTW, ever since my wedding, I respectfully and adoringly refer to you as "Cupcake Sarah" =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, yes! Yes Living with the in-laws is totally "interesting" You'll have a house before you know it!

    "Cupcake Sarah" works for me!

    ReplyDelete