Wednesday, October 26, 2011

An Ode to Running

Dear Running,

I love you. You make me feel alive. Strong. Motivated.

Sometimes I can't breathe when I'm around you.

You've taught me to appreciate the open air. To take in the sights.

My heart is stronger because of what we've been through.

You give me time to listen to books I wouldn't have time to read otherwise.

You inspire me to reach my goals, set new ones, and reach those too.

Even when I'm mad at you, I know you're what keeps me healthy and sane.

Love,


Are you a runner? What's your favorite part about it?

4 comments:

  1. I wish that I was a runner. I tried running by doing a training plan, and didn't really like it that much. I am going to give it another shot, but just run when I want to, for however long I want to run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. Love this because that is exactly how I feel this week with my running. Makes you feel so empowered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a runner too. i relate to this so much. i love the runner's high.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a runner but the idea of listening to books while running makes me think I can be motivated enough to get off the couch .... Thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete