Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Autumn vs. Fall

One of the most comforting thoughts I've been toying with for the past few days has been the onset of cooler weather. We're not there yet, but in this town, the fall from the 100's to 90-something is celebrated -- at least by me. It's a barely-there glimpse of Autumn (P.S. "Autumn" sounds way cooler than "Fall," much like "Caramel" far surpasses "Carmel.") that leaves me with the anticipation of reading by the fire, crisp walks around the block, more blankets at bedtime, pumpkin spice lattes and a much more fashionable wardrobe. Oh, and not sweating like a beast a mere five minutes into my workout. That would be nice.

Don't get me wrong -- Summer is enjoyable in its own way. In fact, I've popped raspberries and blackberries into my mouth like they're candy, enjoyed slice after slice of nectarines and plums. I've sat by the pool (went in only twice), gone camping and even enjoyed a vacation in San Diego. But as much as I enjoy summertime activities like this....



....I'm ready for the next season -- metaphorically speaking as well. So grab your peacoats girls! Autumn is just around the corner!

What's your favorite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment